Interested in joining our community of practitioners? Here are some options.
NVMS areas of training are: basic and advanced mediation, federal and workplace mediation, organizational development, facilitated dialogues, conflict management processes, divorce and intact family mediation, and senior decision-making and elder mediation.
NVMS trainers are highly qualified and experienced conflict resolution practitioners with advanced degrees in a variety of fields. They provide training both at our Fairfax City office as well as at client locations.
If you are interested in delivering training as an NVMS Instructor, here are a couple of things to consider:
Workshop content must include:
- Activities/role plays/simulations
- Additional resources
Workshop length can vary: half day, full day, two day, and three day.
We are currently accepting applications for all civil rosters. Please click here for instructions to apply.
For additional information on how to apply, please contact the Community Programs Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.865.7262.
NVMS is expanding its roster of Juvenile Domestic Relations and Circuit Court Family mediators for the Family Mediation Program.Â We welcome applications from any interested and qualified individuals, and especially urge qualified male mediators to apply to ensure the availability of gender balanced co-mediation teams.
Mediators on the family roster are eligible to receive stipends as independent contractors and are not employees of NVMS.
- Conduct family mediations in order to assist families in resolving disputes;
- Prepare written agreements (Memorandum of Understanding);
- Use a facilitative approach consistent with the standards of ethics and professional responsibility for certified mediators per the Supreme Court of Virginia;
- Calculate, record, and collect the fees at the end of each mediation session;
- Complete the session log for each mediation session;
- Distribute and collect an evaluation form from each client upon completion of each mediation case, and deliver it to the program manager;
- Coordinate the rescheduling of any mediation session; and
- Act as a representative of NVMS and in the interests of the organization when working with NVMS clients and on NVMS projects.
Â Required Qualifications:
- Certification in Juvenile Domestic Relations and/or Circuit Court Family Mediation by the Supreme Court of Virginia; and
- Training and experience using the facilitative mediation model.
Â Preferred Criteria:
- Fluency in Spanish is highly desirable;
- Completion of at least one (1) re-certification cycle in Juvenile Domestic Relations and/ or Circuit Court Family by the Supreme Court of Virginia;
- Flexibility in scheduling for mediation cases (weekdays, evenings, and weekends);
- Client-centered focus; and
- Willingness to co-mediate with other NVMS mediators.
Â Recruitment Process:
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and a copy of your mediator certificate(s) to email@example.com by March 15th, 2017. Â Top candidates will be invited for an interview.Â All applicants will notified of their status.
Our Restorative Justice roster is not currently accepting applications.