Become a leader in our community!
This is your opportunity to shape what your continuing professional development looks like.
- Provide a safe, respectful, and positive environment for members to exchange ideas and problem solve challenges they encounter in their practice.
- Build a network of peers and experts in the field that can serve as a resource.
- Explore and share best practices, models, tools, and theories that enhance subject matter knowledge and practical approaches.
- Enhance your reflective practice and refine skills with challenge sessions on fundamental and advanced topics.
January 29 Event – Sustainable Resolutions: Agreement Writing for The New Year and Beyond
Facilitator: Izabela Solosi, NVMS Training Program Manager
CME/CLE credits: pending
Agreement writing is an essential skill every successful mediator must master. How do your skills measure up? In this workshop participants will have the opportunity to review agreement writing best practices, receive feedback on their agreement writing skills from their peers, and work in small groups to analyze real agreements and identify ways to improve them.
Optional: Bring along samples of agreements you have written and ask your peers for feedback!
- Review considerations for agreement writing
- Identify best practice techniques
- Analyze agreements and identify opportunities for improvement
To register, complete the form below:
Get Involved! Successful COPs depend on the active involvement of their members at all levels.
We are looking for individuals interested in becoming engaged with this process in the following roles:
- COP leaders: 1-2 individuals, 5-10 hrs/month
- Responsibilities: Manage the technical and administrative aspects of the community: contact and coordinate speakers, facilitators, and members; create a quarterly calendar of events; spread the word about the event; prepare materials; communicate with interested participants about event details; submit events for CME and CLE approval; send reminder and follow-up emails; collaborate with the Program Manager to ensure the smooth operation of the CoP.
- Position location: 25% in the office (planning meetings), 75% remote
- Event facilitators, 2-5 hrs/month
- Responsibilities: Facilitate events; sign in participants; introduce speakers; run icebreakers; managing Q&A; assist speakers during events; prepare speakers for online events by familiarizing them with the software.
- Position location: 100% Remote, in the office during events
- Contributors, 2-5 hrs/month
- Responsibilities: Add content in the form of presenting on various topics; writing blog posts; leading social media (LinkedIn, Facebook) discussions.
- Position location: 100% Remote
To apply for any of the roles listed above, please visit https://nvms.us/opportunities/