With our Bridging Communities event on Oct. 19, 2022, we seek to become a resource for community building where all neighbors can thrive. (This event is now over, but you can view the pdf of our event Program Book here.)
|When social compacts and safety nets break down and when systemic inequities displace, exclude, and segregate – conflict follows and dehumanizes neighbors. It is a perfect storm that pits neighbors, communities, and institutions against each other. People isolate from family connections and disassociate from familiar institutions – schools, work, and faith. Some are more likely to engage in criminal behavior or to gravitate to bad influences. Yes, conflict is inevitable, but helplessness and hopelessness are not.|
The Bridging Communities Welcome Breakfast is an endeavor by NVMS Conflict Resolution Center to become a community bridge builder. We invite YOU for an interactive conversation with stakeholders, mediators, restorative justice facilitators, trainers, board members, donors, and other supportive friends—to learn more about how you can be a part of this public initiative for our communities.
Wednesday, October 19, 2022
8:00 am to 9:30 am
Hybla Valley Community Center
7950 Audubon Avenue
Alexandria, VA, 22306
This event is free. Light breakfast will be served.
At the Bridging Communities Welcome Breakfast, you will:
• Learn the day-to-day challenges and struggles faced by community residents.
• Hear from past and current clients with stories of their journeys.
• Discover the various ways conflict resolution practitioners are helping people manage conflict.
• Meet dedicated volunteers who have made a profound difference in the lives of our neighbors.
• Network with current supporters and donors who value our mission as their own.
• Be invited to share your time, talent, and treasure to support the impact of programs and services.
Questions? Email Arleen Borysiewicz, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.